Dear Clients of Equine Sports Medicine of Maryland and Referring Veterinarians,
As our nation’s situation evolves, Equine Sports Medicine of Maryland is open and remains operational on an emergency, critical care and medical basis. Our top priority continues to be the care of our patients. We have implemented recommendations made by government and veterinary agencies to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 exposure among our staff and clients.
- Please be courteous and alert us to any people possibly infected or with history of recent international travel at farms that we are to attend.
- CDC is recommending a minimum of 6 feet between persons for “social distancing”- we know this can be difficult when handling our patients particularly in emergency situations. To minimize risk of contact and exposure for all, we plan to have our technicians and doctor/s handle the patients directly for exams and procedure while communicating with owners and caretakers from a distance or via phone.
- We are taking all precautions with wearing protective gear between farms in addition to sanitizing ourselves, surfaces and equipment before and after use as the virus has been shown to survive on varying surfaces for up to 8 hours. We are asking our clients to take the same precautions sanitizing shared surfaces, halters etc at appointments.
- The office is open for picking up medications, vaccinations etc we just are restricting traffic into the building. There is a client pick up box in the wicker trunk directly outside the office where you can find hand sanitizer as well as your supplies.
- Telemedicine for horses as well! We encourage you to send videos, pictures and contact us about cases so we can work together to triage, understand and thus formulate an appropriate treatment plan. This can help decide if patient needs to be seen as well as makes the doctors aware of the case for future scheduling as our priority remains optimum patient care in these unprecedented circumstances.
Please do not hesitate to call with any questions or concerns.
Dr. Cooper Williams, Dr. Magda Stewart, and Staff
Dr. Williams, Forever the Student
In August 2014, Dr Cooper Williams successfully passed his board certification examination and is officially a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation!