In 2003 we were the first equine veterinary practice in Maryland to offer direct digital radiography. Multiple advances have been made in technology and our current DR system offers the highest quality radiographic imaging available. The advantages to digital radiography are many:
- Instantly view images with horse owners in the field.
- Treatment plans from emergency situations involving fractures, joint punctures or other trauma can be made instantly, without driving to develop film, in addition to ability to being wireless when necessary
- Copies can be made on CDs, emailed, or viewed online by clients, veterinarians and farriers.
- Necks and backs can be imaged in the field instead of traveling to a referral facility.
- The image quality is superior to film based radiographs.
- Multiple images can be joined using AccuStitch software